Hi, I’m Eelis Nilukka!
I’m a comic artist from Finland. My work is mostly self-published, and most of it can be read online for free.
In my comics, I explore my own anxieties, masculinity, and human contacts, loneliness and togetherness.
If you’d like to support my work, check out e-books on my Gumroad or subscribe to my Patreon to unlock secret content. You can also buy posters and other print products on my Society6 shop. Thank you!
My comics journey:
- 2006: Inspired by comics and manga, I start writing and drawing long-form comics. Some of them, I uploaded on deviantArt.
- 2012: The first version of BSandL sees the light of day.
- 2016: Started publishing the second version of BSandL.
- 2017: Launched my Patreon.
- 2017: Comics studies, Liminka School of Arts.
- 2017: Published my first zines, Sillit Purkissa and Kuinka koiralle puhutaan.
- 2018: A guest artist and panelist in Åfest, Porvoo, Finland.
- 2018: Participated in Webtoon’s webcomic competition with Summertime which got a honourable mention.
- 2018: Participated in a group residence (funded by Koneen Säätiö) with other comic artists. The fruit of the collaboration was a free ebook guide called Making Money From Webcomics.
- 2019: Participated in the Monthly OneShot anthology by Queerwebcomic.com, with Roses Are Red, the English version of Sillit Purkissa, and a new short story Boys Can Wear Make-Up Too.
- 2019: Queerwebcomic.com published Boys Can Wear Make-Up Too as an ebook.
- 2019: A panelist in Helsinki Zine Fest.
- 2019: Self-published a new printed zine called The Plot Of A Generic Romantic Comedy and the printed version of Boys Can Wear Make-Up Too.
- 2019: A guest artist, panelist and panel moderator at the Brussels Comics Festival, Fête de la BD, along with H-P Lehkonen and invited by Finnish Institute Benelux.
- 2019: Participated in an international comics co-exhibition in Brussels Comics Festival.
- 2020: Launched my Gumroad shop.
- 2020: Published BSandL Fluff Zine.
- 2020: A member of the organising committee of Helsinki Zine Fest 2020.
- 2020: Boys Can Wear Nailpolish Too, a sequel to Boys Can Wear Make-Up Too, was published in June.